Meet the Charmer
Hi, I'm Taylor and I'm so excited to welcome you to the hive! As head beekeeper, I take care of each hive with love and care. I carefully extract their honey and wax in a sustainable manner to ensure hive vitality. I handcraft each product, from candles to skincare with the upmost respect for nature and pollinators around the world.
I would love to meet you in person! Check below to see my schedule of upcoming markets and events across the Southeast, or schedule your very own tour of The Charmer Bee Co's homebase, Mellowstone Farm.
Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly is beeswax?
Beeswax is a natural substance produced by honeybees. It is secreted by worker bees to build honeycomb cells, which serve as storage for honey and developing larvae. The extraction of beeswax is carefully managed to ensure the health and sustainability of the bee colonies.
Are beeswax candles safer to burn than paraffin candles?
Beeswax candles are often considered a better alternative to paraffin candles because they are natural, renewable, and do not release harmful chemicals when burned. They also have a longer burn time and produce a warmer, brighter flame.
What do bees wax candles smell like?
Beeswax candles have a natural, subtle honey scent.
Are beeswax candles eco-friendly?
Yes, beeswax candles are considered eco-friendly. Beeswax is a renewable resource, and sustainable beekeeping practices contribute to the health of bee populations and ecosystems.
Is beeswax good for your skin?
- Emollient: Beeswax helps to lock in moisture and forms a protective barrier on the skin, preventing dehydration.
- Humectant: It attracts water molecules, helping to keep the skin hydrated.
- Vitamin A: Beeswax contains small amounts of vitamin A, which is known for its skin-supporting properties.
- Anti-inflammatory: Beeswax has anti-inflammatory properties that can help soothe irritated skin.
- Antibacterial: Beeswax may have mild antibacterial properties, which can be beneficial for certain skin conditions.
The Charmer Bee Co. and our bees call Mellowstone Farm home and bask in its natural beauty. With the many native plants and flowers, there is plenty to keep them busy. We strive to keep things light and airy for our bees without trying too hard, mother nature takes care of most of it. So please join us on this journey and see where it takes us.
Mellowstone is located in West Georgia. Interested in scheduling a farm visit to learn more about the Charmer Bees?